transmission oil

Kupplung, Getriebe, Achsen, Allradantriebe, Zapfwelle
elrondsame

transmission oil

Beitrag von elrondsame »

Hallo again to all here! One more Question needs an answer!! In Few tractor hours is time to change my gear oil. the manual sudgests 60 litters of AGIP ROTRA MP/S SAE 80 W (API GL-5), will it be ok to use a 80W90 Total Tansmition Axle 7 (GL-5) Gear oil instead? Or a 80w90 (GL-5) of another company? i ask because the stores here either do not have SAE 80 W (GL-5) or tell me is the same think to use SAE 80w and 80w90, or what should i use instead of SAE 80 W (GL-5)??? Thank you in adnvance!!!
mammutle

Re: transmission oil

Beitrag von mammutle »

Good morning,
i think there is no big difference between 80W and 80W90 for your gearbox,
as long as they are both GL-5 and your gearbox needs GL-5 type oil ...

kind regards

m.
Kurt_TigerSix105
Foren-Administrator

Beitrag von Kurt_TigerSix105 »

Hello all,

The company AGIP has been taken over by the company ENI. Please see the attached product sheet.
1273_ENU.pdf
(54.65 KiB) 10-mal heruntergeladen
I guess for your Saturno80 this product is a little bit overspecified. As your Saturno is not equipped with wet brakes, an usual UTTO (Universal Transmission Tractor Oil) oil may be from John Deere, is sufficient for your Saturno80. The Total product you suggested above, might be sufficient as well.
Viele Gruesse
Kurt

"Bei 99% aller Probleme ist die umfassende Beschreibung des Problems bereits mehr als die Hälfte der Lösung desselben."
elrondsame

Beitrag von elrondsame »

Yes in all availabe manuals i have it sayes 60 littres of AGIP ROTRA MP/S SAE 80W OR AGIP F.1 Rotra MP.S SAE 80 W (API GL-5 FMC ESW M2c103A).
elrondsame

Beitrag von elrondsame »

Kurt_TigerSix105 hat geschrieben: 26. November 2023, 13:27 Hello all,

The company AGIP has been taken over by the company ENI. Please see the attached product sheet.
1273_ENU.pdf

I guess for your Saturno80 this product is a little bit overspecified. As your Saturno is not equipped with wet brakes, an usual UTTO (Universal Transmission Tractor Oil) oil may be from John Deere, is sufficient for your Saturno80. The Total product you suggested above, might be sufficient as well.
Thank you for reply so from what i get a "good quality" GL-5 is all i need, again thanks for your time!!!

My saturno thanks you more :D :D
Kurt_TigerSix105
Foren-Administrator

Hello,

I would be carefully with the 60 litres volume of the gear box. If I recall out of my head someone wrote already that it might be 60 litres including front axle and hydraulic fluid content, while the gearbox alone only contains something about 35 litres. If I were you, I would watch carefully the oil dipstick during refill the gearbox and considering very low flow of the transmission oil in cold temperatures.
Viele Gruesse
Kurt

"Bei 99% aller Probleme ist die umfassende Beschreibung des Problems bereits mehr als die Hälfte der Lösung desselben."
Kurt_TigerSix105
Foren-Administrator

elrondsame hat geschrieben: 26. November 2023, 13:38
Thank you for reply so from what i get a "good quality" GL-5 is all i need, again thanks for your time!!!
Yes.
Viele Gruesse
Kurt

elrondsame

Beitrag von elrondsame »

Kurt_TigerSix105 hat geschrieben: 26. November 2023, 13:42 Hello,

I would be carefully with the 60 litres volume of the gear box. If I recall out of my head someone wrote already that it might be 60 litres including front axle and hydraulic fluid content, while the gearbox alone only contains something about 35 litres. If I were you, I would watch carefully the oil dipstick during refill the gearbox and considering very low flow of the transmission oil in cold temperatures.
I read about this issue and the quantity it realy needs and it is confussing because it is sayes it clearly 60 littres and it has deferent quantities for front axle etc..
Andreas83

Beitrag von Andreas83 »

It's not confusing -
i think the only issue is the wrong translation of the description for the 60 litres.
Just fill in the oil level up to the mark on the dipstick. But beware of the correct level. The transmission oil needs very long to level out between the front and the back part of the transmission. There is a small connection line under the transmission. If you are in a hurry - also fill on oil on the back left side of the transmission under the power lift.

Good luck!
elrondsame

Beitrag von elrondsame »

oils 2.jpg
oils.jpg
oils 3.jpg
As you can see all manuals say maximum 60 littres, and they have deferent numbers for each part (front axle etc..), it is realy confusing... maybe i should rely on the deep stick signhs..
Antworten

Zurück zu „Triebwerk“